1. When did you first become interested in Fashion and clothing?
I was a little fashionista in the womb! 🙂 I have always been interested in fashion ever since I was a little girl. Ever since I can remember I’ve been poppin’ my collar! I can remember my mom shrinking my cute little outfits and me being annoyed, because to this day she dries ALL clothes on one setting “HIGH”.
2. What inspired you to start up your own website selling fashionable clothing?
.) I was inspired because everywhere I go I wear some sort of eclectic piece and people always stop me and ask, “Girl, where did you get your so and so”? I got tired of giving customers away, so now when people ask me where I got something from I can proudly say www.MyFashionLyfe.com!!! I was inspired by knowing there was a market of women who don’t always want a cookie cutter outfit.
3. What was the biggest obstacle you came across when starting up your business online?
.) The biggest obstacle I encountered when starting up my online business was working capital $$$. Whoever came up with the phrase it takes $$$ to make $$$ was ABSOLUTELY right! You don’t realize that behind the scenes other people have to get paid before you do, and even if your business makes ZERO $$$ these people still have to be paid regardless.
4. What advice would you give to any person thinking about or aspiring to setup their own online business?
.) Some advice I would give to someone wanting to start up their own online business is what Nike says “Just Do It”!!! Fear and doubt will kill a dream faster than failure EVER will. Let that “someday” or “one day” be T-O-D-A-Y! Even if you fail the lessons learned will be priceless!
5. What is your favourite item of clothing for sale on your website?
My favorite piece of clothing that I sell on my sight!? Now THAT is a hard question because I don’t sell anything that I don’t own already. But IF I absolutely had to choose it would be the red lipstick clutch because red is my favorite lip color, so I can rock my red lip with my red lipstick clutch! Muah!!!
6. If you had to start a business online all over again what would you do differently?
If I had to start an online business all over again I would not have started it while being in grad school (Go Scarlett Knights!), because time is a luxury I do NOT have!
Like my Facebook page: Fashion Lyfe LLC
Follow me on twitter, instagram, periscope and snapchat: Fashion Lyfe LLC